This page contains important information for the safety of all our customers and engineers during this time of great upheaval and uncertainty.
As the coronavirus COVID-19 situation develops, we'd like to tell you about the steps we're taking to ensure the safety of our customers, employees, suppliers and trade partners to help prevent the spread of the virus.
We take our role in the local community seriously and we are following guidance issued by the government, health authorities and we will update our policies and procedures in line with the latest advice.
Please read the following information carefully so your repair goes as smoothly as possible.
We are prioritising our engineers efforts on the most critical consumer groups (the vulnerable, over 70s, NHS workers) and critical product categories (Washing Machines, Refrigeration, Cooking). If your call is in another category or group, your repair may be placed in the non-urgent category and it may take longer to arrange a visit.
As a duty of care to our customers and technicians, if anybody in a customer’s property is self-isolating as a result of Coronavirus we will be unable to visit you until the isolation period is over.
This is to protect our technicians and to prevent the spread of the virus to other customers.
Anyone calling our office to book a service visit will be asked whether they or anyone else in the property (or anyone they have been in contact with) has Coronavirus symptoms or a positive test result ahead of each booking.
For service visits that can go ahead, our technicians are carrying hand sanitiser and will thoroughly wash their hands at the start and end of each visit. Before arriving at your home, the technician will call you to ensure you are still comfortable with the visit going ahead. The technician will also discuss the following requirements with you to ensure the visit can go ahead safely:
- They must be able to use the external door nearest to the appliance.
- They must be able to wash their hands before and after carrying out the repair.
- Ideally our engineer should be directed to the room where the appliance is situated and left to carry out the repair. If this is not possible, they will ask you to stay a safe distance of at least 2-3 metres away with no other members of the household, including children or pets present.
- They won't ask you for a signature once the visit is completed to avoid contact.
- If, at any point our technician believes that entering your home could be a risk to you, them or other customers, the visit will be aborted and rescheduled.
Office & Call Booking
As a result of the current Covid-19 emergency we may be running with reduced staffing levels with some staff working from home where possible. During busy periods, this may sometimes cause delays answering your calls. Should all our team members be engaged, please leave a message, a member of our team will call you back usually within 15 minutes during business hours or at the start of the following business day.
It is our intention for our office to remain open with our normal operating hours, however this is subject to change and will be communciated via this website at the top of every page.